Cat Academy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
As An Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here are some of the most common causes and some solutions:
Dirty litter boxes: Cats don’t want to use a container that is too dirty.
Solution – Litter boxes should be thoroughly cleaned every two days and, in the case of particles and clumps, filled once with clean sand.
Do not be disturbed by sand:
Solution – Perfumed sand, deodorants, or disinfectants with a strong odor, can prevent the cat that has the smell from using the container. Use a mild detergent and hot water or disinfectant specifically to clean the container. A section may be listed in a suitable section for cats to initially learn about the container.
Wrong type of sand:
Solution – Changing the consistency or type can prevent the cat from using the litter. When you are a kitten, the tree can be granules; But as the cat gets heavier, they will have some objections to walking on an uncomfortable surface. Piggybank prefers fine-grained litter sand of perfumed deodorizer with fine sand hardness. Gradually mix new litter with old litter for a week to measure the cat’s response.
The litter box has been verified:
Solution – If the litter box is placed in an open area where the dog, children, or other cats will disturb it, the cat may hiss very vulnerable when using this container. Instead, it can look for a safer spot behind the TV. If a noisy washing machine is next to the washing machine, they may not want to use the litter box. The litter box that is open or on the road is immediately wrong to a corner where the cat will only have to watch from one or two directions. Placing it close to the food bowl will prevent the cat from using the litter box; therefore put the food containers elsewhere.
I recommend you a litter box that meets your cat’s needs and is self-cleaning.
PetSafe ScoopFree Automatic Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
- Mechanically removes waste: No scooping, cleaning or refilling your cat’s litter field for weeks
- Unbeatable odor management: Crystal litter removes scent by absorbing urine and dehydrating stable waste
- No extra messy flooring: Low-tracking crystals are 99% mud-free and don’t persist with your cat’s paws
- Leak safety: Disposable trays have a plastic lining to assist shield towards leaking and preserve your flooring clear
- Simple cleanup: Merely take away the tray and throw it away; every tray features a lid for fast disposal
- High quality assured: PetSafe model has been a trusted international chief in pet habits, containment and way of life improvements for practically 30 years; We assist pets and their folks reside comfortably collectively
You can buy this product through my affiliate link from Amazon: https://amzn.to/2F8hyIC